Dalton at 3 (and a half)

Dalton recently had his very first school pictures made.  Of course they turned out beautifully and I LOVE them...but it made me a little nostalgic.  So I've decided I really need to be better about recording the wonderful, everyday, little things he says and does, so that I will always remember them. 

Truths about Dalton
  • He absolutely adores his grandparents.  ALL of them!  Both Nanas, Poppy, Grandad and Grandma.  If it were up to him, he'd be with one or all of them all the time.  It makes Nick and me so proud to see the joy on his face (and theirs) whenever they're together. 

         

  • He loves school!  He refers to his teachers as "Aunt" Jenna, "Aunt" Lisa and "Aunt" Amy.  I've tried explaining to him that not every grown woman who helps care for him is his aunt, but that doesn't matter to him.  Any pretty, fun and cool lady that seems to be a friend of ours is his Aunt in his mind.
  • He says the Pledge of Allegiance better than any three-year-old I've ever met.
  • He loves to sing, Sing, SING!  Especially Christmas songs and songs about Jesus. 
  • He has too many friends for me to keep track of!  He knows them by name and when/where he gets to play with them.  And he always asks me, "will you call (insert friend of the hour here)'s mommy and ask if he can come over to my house and play"?
  • When there is no one around to play with, he plays with imaginary versions of his real life friends.
  • He loves to play pretend and dress up in superhero costumes.
  • His favorite shows are: Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, and Home Alone (the movie)
  • He has about 10 stuffed animals that he MUST snuggle every night.
  • He loves to talk to God, and his prayers make me teary...they're so sweet and genuine.
  • He shares his eating habits with his Daddy.
  • He is going to be one heck of a salesman one day!  He already has some serious powers of pursuasion.
  • He is the happiest little boy I've ever known!
  • He gives the best hugs and kisses :)


















From the Mouth of My Sweet Babe


While watching a commercial for a Cinderella castle toy, Dalton said to me, 'Mommy, I want to be just like that prince so I can ride on a horse and rescue the beautiful princess'. I know honey, but my heart aches at the thought of that right now.

While on the phone with Nick, I told him there was no way I could go to the store because things were just too hectic at the moment. Dalton asked, "Mommy, why can't you go to the store? Is it because the kids are crabby and you're crabby?". So insightful!


No comments: